Get YOUR voice heard
Benefits of joining the Medway LINk?
There are a number of benefits to becoming involved in the Medway LINk.
- getting attention for neglected issues or ideas
- influencing those who make decisions about new or existing health and care services
- helping the community speak with a stronger local voice
- helping services provide better care
By joining as an individual or on behalf of a voluntary organisation, the Medway LINk can help you join up with others who share your interests in either health or social care. You can benefit from the powers, influence and resources at the disposal of the LINk to help "get your voice heard".
Who can join?
Every person, community and voluntary organisation in Medway can be part of the Medway LINk and can participate at any level they choose with no strings or obligations.
So long as you live, work or receive health or social care services in Medway (or receive services that are purchased by the Medway Primary Care Trusts) you can join the LINk. Even if you work in those services you can join, although you would be expected to declare an interest as appropriate and may not be able to take part in certain activities. For example, carrying out a "mystery shopper" investigation to a site or service where you work or where you have some responsibility for purchasing or providing that service.
What is involved?
Participants can take part at any level they want. They can:
Just receive information:
- Get the LINk Newsletter
- Find out about LINk events
- Find out about changes to health and social care services in Medway or their local area
- Have the opportunity to take part in consultations
- Take part in surveys and opinion polls, online discussions or attend meetings and contribute to the improvement of a service
- Join a focus group or other information gathering forum
- Visit health and social care services as a "Mystery Shopper"
- Represent the LINk on a committee or working party concerned with purchasing or developing health or social care services
There are no right or wrong ways to get involved - it is up to you. You can dip in or dip out or get more or less involved; the choice is yours!
Why not become part of the Medway LINk family?
If you wish, you can join the Medway LINk by contacting us by email, telephone 0800 980 3956 or write to Medway LINk, FREEPOST NAT 17761, Folkestone, CT19 4BR.